My grandparents, parents, two brothers and their families all live on the Peninsula. For all generations, whether just starting out or retired, White Rock is a great place to live. I have enjoyed serving on White Rock City Council this past term, and have worked hard for White Rock and its citizens.
I have worked for B.C. Ferries for over 17 years now, and continue to work my way up in the company. I am currently working on obtaining my Second Officer certification. I have always enjoyed being on or near the sea. The ocean, our beaches and parks are a big part of why I love British Columbia, Metro Vancouver, and especially White Rock.
During my term on council I have supported the following initiatives:
- Installation of new sidewalks in many areas of the city
- Implementation of the Green Can Program, which diverts residential waste from landfills by composting food scraps with other green waste (hedge/lawn trimmings)
- Renovation and upgrades to the White Rock Museum
- Completion of the Peace Arch Curling Club, as well as the Centre for Active Living
- Establishment of a Community Garden
- Installation of an elevator for Kent Street Seniors Centre
- Auditors have reported that the City is in good financial shape and remains debt-free
I will work hard and do my best for White Rock and its citizens.