I grew up in White Rock, and I currently live here with my wife and newborn son. My parents operate a Bed & Breakfast down on the beach. I believe that White Rock is a great place to live for everyone, wether just starting out or enjoying retirement.
I love being on or near the sea, and I’ve been with BC Ferries for over 20 years now, working my way up to Navigation Officer in the Deck Department. The ocean, our beaches and parks are a big part of why I love British Columbia, Metro Vancouver, and especially White Rock.
I was elected to council in September 2009 during a by-election, and served the remainder of that term, as well as this current term.
Extension of the Promenade has been one of my top priorities since I was first ran for Council. An extension of approximately 1.1 km to Coldicutt Ravine (near Nichol Road) has been approved and budgeted for, and the city is currently working with BNSF to get the project started.
Current Committees / Boards:
- Environmental Advisory Committee
- External Communications Review Subcommittee
- Finance and Audit Committee
- Governance and Legislation Committee
- Grants in Aid Committee – Chairperson
- Land Use and Planning Committee
- Metro Vancouver Board of Directors (alternate, 2014)
- Parcel Tax Roll Review Panel
- South of the Fraser Community Rail Task Force
- Tourism White Rock (alternate)
- TransLink Mayors’ Council (alternate)