White Rock has a unique and highly desired quality of life. While there have been many enhancements, more needs to be done.
- We live in an extremely safe community; safety will remain a top priority with us
- Fiscal responsibility to keep taxes down
- Environmentally sound practices to preserve and protect Semiahmoo Bay and White Rock beach.
- We will petition the BC government for a major expansion of Peace Arch Hospital. With the large population growth in Surrey, expansion of our hospital is overdue.
- Developers coming to our city will be expected to bring only the best; we deserve no less. New developments will be held to the highest standards, such as first-class, inspiring architecture, usable green space, wider sidewalks to make the area more pedestrian friendly, open sight lines and enhanced lighting for greater safety. Responsible development?
- “Standing up for Seniors”: we are proud supporters of the expansion of the Evergreen Baptist Campus of Care, which is bringing 92 much needed beds to our community.
- We would like to add a second sheet of ice to Centennial Arena, in consultation with community groups such as Semiahmoo Minor Hockey Association.
- We would like to see numerous improvements to our waterfront, including the installation of an all-abilities playground. Fundraising is already underway by the White Rock Firefighters Charity for this initiative.
- We will make it a priority to work with Transport Canada and Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway to address rail issues such as minimize whistling, safe and adequate access to the beach and dangerous goods coming through our community.